Lead Front-End Engineer
Hybrid · Full Time · Front-End Engineer · React ·
Vagon is a cloud based personal computer for creative individuals and teams. We handle all aspects of having a cloud native computer that is flexible, mobile and reliable. We’ve created an advanced real time display protocol to make sure your experience feels like a physical computer that you can access anywhere, anytime.
Vagon’s performance elasticity makes sure your workstation is always equipped to handle whatever job you have to perform at any time. You don’t have to break the bank, building a workstation that can handle everything.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in developing modern web Front-end applications, namely single page applications.
- A strong understanding of engineering principles and fundamentals.
- Familiarity in modern DevOps and delivery processes.
- A highly curious mind who’s not afraid to dive deep into technically novel challenges.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
If you join Vagon, you’ll play an important role in shaping our:
- Company culture.
- Research and engineering practices.
- Product roadmap.
Engineers on the team today:
- Try to see the users’ point of view to create the best possible experience.
- Are excellent communicators (written and verbal).
- Enjoy being generalists and excel in diving deep into uncharted territories in terms of tech challenges.
- Support each other in any way possible.
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design.
Here are examples of things we’ve worked on:
- Creating a secure, high performance, low latency display protocol (Vagon Protocol) tuned for the needs of creative professionals all around the world.
- Creating a super cloud infrastructure that is able to handle computer lifecycles for multiple public cloud providers. (mainly AWS)
- Diving deep into and tuning h264 parameter configurations to make sure it’s optimized for true color and sharpness which creative professionals need, without creating bottlenecks in bandwidth and performance.
- Created an MVP for our own Dropbox like service for file management called Vagon Files. We’re now about to dive in to low level file system APIs to make this experience more seamless with Vagon computers with tech like FUSE or Dokan.
- We’ve reimagined how a modern cloud computer should look like, from the bottom up by creating a whole new experience. You can read more about our new UX design process here.
How do I get in touch?
You can email us: email@example.com
Who else works at Vagon?
The product team consists of Hasan Can, Serdar, Zahid, Tahsin, Berkay, Arda and Berk. We also have a few other friends who occasionally help us on a part time contract basis.
How does Vagon work?
We’ve created a real time display protocol that works on the application layer and implemented it in what we call Vagon Agent. We then created an infrastructure in which we automate not only the provisioning and configuration of this application but also the entire lifecycle of a cloud computer that can handle different public cloud providers. Vagon is a batteries included solution; it bridges the gap between human beings and the Cloud. So we have prioritized security and ease of use from day one.